Brentwood Child Custody Lawyer

All parents, married or unmarried, who are living and competent are entitled to custody of their children. All competent parents are jointly entitled to custody of their minor children. In the past, there was a bias in favor of mothers in child custody cases. Now, child custody determinations are made on a gender-neutral basis. What the court considers is the best interest of the child and the parent’s fitness. If you are trying to establish a custody arrangement or enforce a custody order, the experienced Brentwood child custody attorneys at Burdine Law Firm can help you.

  • At Burdine Law Firm, our child custody lawyers are experienced in the law and legal procedures to help you establish a child custody arrangement that protects your parental rights and accounts for your child’s best interests.
  • With the guidance of our knowledgeable and compassionate child custody lawyers from Brentwood, you have a better chance of achieving a favorable outcome in your child custody case.
  • With over 15 years of experience representing parents in child custody matters, you can rest assured that your case is in competent hands.

If you are going through a divorce or separation and are concerned about providing stability for your child and protecting their best interest, the Brentwood divorce lawyers at Burdine Law Firm can help you. Call us today at (629) 529-4615 to schedule a free consultation.

Modification of Child Custody Awards in Brentwood, Tennessee

The objective of child custody awards is to protect the best interest of the child and the welfare of the child. This requires stability and commitment from the parents. In order to modify a child custody award, the person trying to modify the award (the petitioner) must prove to the court that there has been a material change in circumstance warranting modification of the order. TN Code § 36-6-101 (2021) provides that a material change of circumstance may include such instances as a parent’s failure to adhere to an existing custody or visitation award. A significant change in a parent’s employment may also qualify as a material change warranting modification of an existing order.

Enforcement of Child Custody Orders in Brentwood

Unfortunately, after a court issues a child custody order, not all parents respect and abide by the order. In such cases, your Brentwood family law lawyer can help you petition the court for an appropriate order to enforce your child custody or visitation award. Even if your child custody order was issued by another state, TN Code § 36-6-237 (2021) empowers Tennessee courts to enforce the order.

Schedule a Consultation With Our Brentwood Child Custody Lawyers Now

Whether you are seeking to establish a custody order or modify an existing order, Burdine Law Firm can help you. Our child custody lawyers will help you gather the evidence necessary to meet your burden of proof with the courts. Call the Brentwood child custody attorneys today at (629) 529-4615 to schedule a consultation.