Post-Judgment Enforcement & Contempt Lawyers in Nashville Forcing Compliance
If you are like most people, you want the court order that was issued in your divorce to be followed. Unfortunately, sometimes an ex-spouse simply refuses to comply with the terms of the order. This is where a post-judgment enforcement & contempt lawyer can help. These attorneys have experience in ensuring that a former spouse complies with the court order. They can take action such as filing a petition for contempt or seeking an enforcement order from the court.
If you need assistance with post-judgment enforcement or contempt, call Burdine Law Firm, PLLC today. We have experience helping individuals in Nashville and throughout Tennessee get the results they need. Our Nashville attorneys can assist you in taking the necessary steps to ensure compliance with the order. Call us today at 615-970-6648 for more information.
What is Post-Judgment Enforcement & Contempt?
Post-judgment enforcement is the legal process of ensuring that a person complies with a court order. This can include anything from making sure that someone adheres to the Divorce Decree, pays child support, or alimony as ordered, and to make sure that they abide by the terms of a custody agreement.
Contempt is a legal proceeding that can be used to punish someone who has violated a court order. This can include anything from fines or jail time to having payments taken directly from their paycheck.
If you are experiencing problems with compliance after your divorce is finalized, call the post-judgment enforcement & contempt lawyers at Burdine Law Firm, PLLC for help. We have years of experience helping clients enforce court orders and punishing those who do not comply. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What are Some Actions That Fall Under Post-Judgment Enforcement & Contempt?
There are a number of actions that can fall under post-judgment enforcement & contempt. Some of the most common include:
- Not paying child support or alimony – The money provided from child support could be crucial to you and your children’s living situation.
- Violating a custody agreement – If you won custody or parenting time of your child in legal proceedings then you are entitled to having them.
- Not following a property settlement – such as paying debts or transferring assets as required to do under the divorce decree
- Not executing a quitclaim deed or obtaining financing on the property – Land is valuable and getting this asset taken care of after a ruling is crucial.
- Refusing to return children after visitation – If your child is being kept from you after you trusted a person with their care then you deserve to get them returned.
Especially after the turbulence of a divorce, it is important that the final court order is followed. This is where a post-judgment enforcement & contempt lawyer can be incredibly helpful. They can ensure that the order is enforced and that any party who violates it is held accountable.
If you are dealing with a situation where the other party is not following the final court order, it is important to speak to an attorney right away. The sooner you take action, the more likely you are to be successful in getting the order enforced. Post-judgment enforcement & contempt lawyers have extensive experience in these types of cases and know exactly what steps need to be taken to get things back on track.
How Can a Post-Judgment Enforcement & Contempt Lawyer Help Me?
Post-Judgment enforcement & contempt lawyers are experienced in getting violated court orders enforced. If you are dealing with the opposite party not following a final order or complying with terms, they can help get things back on track. Post-judgment enforcement attorneys help individuals who disagree with what the other party has done during the process of their divorce should contact them right away.
Post-Judgment enforcement lawyers can help you in multiple different ways, including:
- Filing a contempt proceeding against the ex that does not comply with terms from an order
- Seeking an order from the court to ensure compliance if all else fails and penalties have been assessed but ignored by your ex
- Pursuing litigation to help enforce the order
- Providing mediation services to help get both parties back on track with the agreement
- Getting a wage garnishment or bank levy set up to ensure payments are made
- Allowing you to have more control and a voice in your case and what happens with the order
- Recovery of your attorney’s fees and expenses incurred in getting your ex to comply with the order from the court
If you are experiencing any of these issues, don’t wait to call us. Burdine Law Firm, PLLC can assist you in obtaining court order compliance.
Is Hiring a Post-Judgment Enforcement & Contempt Lawyer Worth It?
While the cost of hiring a post-judgment enforcement and contempt lawyer may seem daunting, the peace of mind and assurance that you’re doing everything possible to protect your interests is well worth the investment. If you’re dealing with a situation in which you need to enforce a judgment or take someone to court for contempt, it’s important to hire an experienced lawyer who can help you through the process.
Hiring a lawyer is the best way to ensure that your interests are protected during this process. An experienced lawyer will know what steps to take to enforce a judgment or take someone to court for contempt and will be able to provide you with guidance every step of the way.
Our team of experienced lawyers has years of experience helping clients enforce judgments and take action against individuals who have failed to comply with court orders. We understand what it takes to get the job done, and we’re ready to work tirelessly on your behalf. If you need help enforcing a judgment or taking someone to court for contempt, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We’re here to help you protect your interests and get the justice you deserve. You can reach us at 615-970-6448.